Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Welcome Back!

(click picture to enlarge)

This week I started "Book In A Bag". Your child was given a ziploc bag with a introduction letter, reading chart, and two books. The books are fourth grade reading material. I know I have students who are not reading fourth grade material. Whether they are below or above I am working on fluency and being able to complete the readfing materials on a fourth grade level. If your child needs help reading the two books in their bag, please help. Ask questions along the way to check for comprehension. The student, teacher, and parent, if you will do the "Book In A Bag" program, will see great improvement in your child before the end of the school year. Please help me out in trying to help your child be successful!

There are only two dates left for your student to receive "Dragon Slayer" or "Keys To The Kingdom". The first one will be this Friday, January 27th and the final one February 17th. If your child has not completed their multiplication facts please encourage them to do so. I have some students who have asked me if I will test them an extra time during recess time or during the morning when time permits. I have been willing to do this so all students who want to try their best to complete the multiplication facts are given the opportunity to do so.

Thanks for sharing your children with me on the learning path to excellence!

Mrs. Spencer

No comments:

Post a Comment